Thursday 7 May 2009

Day 3 with attatchments

SORE!

Alarming first word to use granted, but ouch ouch ouch.
I have noticed that it is easing up a bit and its not taking half an hour with my whole hand in my mouth to get the alligners off. I don't think i'll be eating out for a while as the thought of doing it discreetly is beyond me.

With the aligners off its difficult to eat, I've found chewing slowly really helps. This is what it must feel to have your jaw broken (yes i'm a drama queen). On the plus side it really helps with compliance as you definately want to put them back on again as soon as you've finished eating. They're uncomfortable and unsightly.

I'd heard others talk of the 'invisalign diet' but I've not found i'm eating less at all, I just grab as much food as possible to shovel it all in my allotted half hour break. If anything i'm eating more as I don't want the hassle of taking them out again and going all OCD with the cleaning everytime.

I'm probably coming across quite negative about invisalign but I guess even though I look like i've more speed bumps in my mouth than outside the local school they're not as noticable as metal braces and its not the end of the world I can't relax with a latte and muffin in Starbucks (I say this now - its only been 4 weeks!).

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the first month of invisalign! "I'm probably coming across quite negative about invisalign but I guess even though I look like i've more speed bumps in my mouth than outside the local school"- lol, ur hilarious. Hey, I just wanted to let you know they have a invisalign tool to help remove the aligners. Here is the link: http://www.outietool.com/FAQS.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I have a hook the dentist gave me,no way could I get them off without them. I'm on holiday next month, not quite sure what security are going to make of it though!

    ReplyDelete