Tuesday 22 June 2010

God, so much has happened!

I finished my 29U yesterday, but had to have refinements, that little bugger of a front tooth doesn't want to move! I guess it not fitting very well over my canine really did make a difference.

My ortho gave me the impression he believed it to be my fault from being non-compliant. I decided to forgive this act of rudeness after he told me its fine to drink wine with them in.

Had my impressions dones yesterday and.......my wire bonded lower retainer broke. Oh yeah, forgot to say I actually have a lower bonded retainer. I must say, having a bonded retainer isn't at all bad. You play with it all the time with your tongue but at least they are being held in place all the time. Its a shame that you only have 6 retained as there is still movement going on in the back teeth.

So, after my impressions broke my bonded retainer, the ortho just 'glued' my teeth together. Unpleasant, feels strange, not sure why I paid £225 for a wire and then get my teeth glued.

My refinements should arrive in 3 weeks, after pressing the ortho on an amount he reckons 8-10!!! Then I have to wear the last retainer for three months before having an upper bonded retainer.

Right, i'm off to drink a bottle of wine.

Take care my plastic mouthed comrades.

No comments:

Post a Comment